Author Topic: Critical Rate cap  (Read 4835 times)

Offline danielder

• Ragna Orc Overlord
    • View Profile
Critical Rate cap
« on: June 24, 2016, 02:10:19 PM »
Hello, my concern is, that the maximum Crit Rate is capped at 500, which is really easy to reach, because of the NPC buffer. This wouldn't be a problem in itself, but it makes dagger classes for example (or archers) weaker, since their crit rate should be higher, but it is only 500 like the rest of the classes.

For example, a level 85 fortune seeker with dual daggers has 467 Critical Rate without any buffs. So having the crit rate capped at 500 is a huge disadvantage for dagger users, and warrior classes in general - and this is my opinion as a tank player.

I guess what I'm asking is: are there any plans that in the future the Crit Rate maximum will be raised, or lifted?

Offline Lin2Marduk

• Administrator
  • Balrog of Destruction
    • View Profile
    • Lin2Century
Re: Critical Rate cap
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 11:59:21 AM »
Hello

Tbh, the value we are using (500) is the Default value given by L2J. An with all the configs and Settings from L2J, they have a lot of experience and made a lot of testing (based of the official srvers) until they decided to fix a value as "Default". I just didn't see a reason to Change it and I haven't yet thought about raising the cap

PS: I did also not decrease or increase the base value crit rate of classes. They are all retail like too.
Wir nützen L2J, unterstütze das Projekt! / We use L2J, support this project!