Author Topic: Skill de-nerf  (Read 2881 times)

saf

Skill de-nerf
« on: February 04, 2020, 08:45:02 AM »
Hello,

As I were playing I noticed that skill Death Spike was nerfed. Well, more so became to easy. When I was playing years ago I remember that Death spike required item Cursed Bone to cast, - which was sold at grocery stores(either all of them, or some of them). Right now there is no such requirement, though Cursed Bone still drop from mobs sometimes. Maybe it became so with changing of chronicles, - I dont know. Point is - lets say SpellHowler has skills Hurricane and Death Spike. The damage is pretty much the same, the casting time the same(maybe Death Spike is even faster(which is good :D)), but Death Spike cost 2 TIMES less in MP then Hurricane. Looks like a cheat to me. Why use Hurricane if there is Death Spike? Hurricane skill becomes useless this way. Okay, Im a person that likes to roleplay, and take things slow. But still it looks kind of unbalanced to me.
So, I have a suggestion, - bring back the Cursed Bone cost necessary to cast Death Spike. So that there is balance again!(Yoda™) ;D

Sincerely,
Saffaraell

Offline Lin2Marduk

• Administrator
  • Balrog of Destruction
    • View Profile
    • Lin2Century
Re: Skill de-nerf
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 08:37:52 PM »
Hello

Maybe it became so with changing of chronicles, - I dont know
That is correct. I dont remember which chronicle update it was when it was removed. But its not a server like custom feature. It was removed from ncsoft in the official updates.

Looks like a cheat to me. Why use Hurricane if there is Death Spike? Hurricane skill becomes useless this way
Oh I disagree with you. Spellhowlers skills are wind based. So a SH is normally wind attribut on his weapon. It would be a huge loss if he wouldnt use it but using death spike instead. The skills itself have the very same power.

So long answer short. I dont think its necessary to bring back the cursed bones.

Lin2Marduk
Wir nützen L2J, unterstütze das Projekt! / We use L2J, support this project!